Child Development Training Consortium
Curriculum Alignment Project (CAP)
IMPORTANT DUE DATES!
Next Review & Verification Date is May 3, 2013
Submit your Official Alignment Documents by March 15, 2013, for review on May 3, 2013
You may submit your CAP Official documents anytime before the next review session deadline
EXECUTIVE/ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
May 3, 2013
What is CAP?
The California Community Colleges Curriculum Alignment Project has engaged faculty from across the state to develop a lower-division program of study supporting early care and education teacher preparation. The Lower Division 8 represents evidence-based courses that are intended to become a foundational core for all early care and education professionals.
CAP is Expanding
SEE BELOW for more CAP Expansion Information...
CAP Lower Division 8 Course Outlines
To view specific course information, click on the course title above.
To view a course number at an aligned college, go to the box on left titled, "Courses at Aligned Colleges"
Latest Developments with CAP
Things you should know: As of April 29, 2013,
- 103 Community Colleges in California have agreed to participate in CAP.
- Welcome to our newest aligned college: Columbia College.
- Of these colleges, 58 are officially aligned, and 12 are provisionally aligned pending official documents, 10 others are in the revision process to align their course.
The CAP Lower Division 8 courses have been accepted as the required coursework for the newly approved Early Childhood Education Transfer Degree. For information on TMC go to http://www.c-id.net
Announcing CAP Expansion
- Funded through Race to the Top/Early Learning Challenge
- 3 Subject Areas:
- Administration (3 courses)
- Infant/Toddler (2 courses)
- Children with Special Needs (2 courses)
- During 2012-13, faculty from CA Community Colleges are meeting to determine course content and to approve the draft outlines for each for the 7 courses.
- CA Community Colleges need to align with original CAP 8 Courses before submitting for CAP Expansion alignment.
- Colleges may submit individual courses, between 1-7, at any time.
Higher Education Colloquium 2013
2013 Colloquium Registration Form
2013 Colloquium Flyer
View Prior Higher Ed Colloquium Resources