Serving early childhood
students, institutions of
and the ECE workforce
Students & Workforce
- Community College students apply here to receive funds to pursue a career in child development at one of 105 participating California Community Colleges
- Create and update your profile
- Locate a CDTC member college campus and contact the local faculty coordinator
ECE/CD Department websites of all California Community Colleges, California State Universities, and other training providers.
Submit Child Development Permit applications to CDTC and receive reimbursement for fingerprint processing fees.
Four-year college students may receive reimbursement for eligible educational expenses.
Locate an advisor or learn how to renew your Child Development Permit.
Search for opportunities to advance your career:
- Trainings funded by the California Department of Education, Early Education and Support Division
- Online ECE and child development college courses
- Health and safety trainings
Access the Quality Improvement— Professional Development Participation report.
- View courses by course number and title at CAP-aligned colleges
- View CAP Expansion courses
Register to help improve the professionalism and workforce quality in ECE.
Faculty & Professional Development (PD) Providers
- Submit courses for alignment and request technical assistance
- View ECE/CD courses by course number and title at CAP-aligned colleges
- CAP Expansion courses
Compare courses and trainings with the ECE Competencies. Determine how thoroughly competencies are addressed.
Learn about public and invitation-only meetings relevant to Child Development/Early Care and Education Higher Education Faculty and Educators.
Higher Education Faculty Discussion Area.
California Community College Early Childhood Educators (CCCECE) website.
A clearinghouse of information on early childhood education.
Resources for CDTC’s Community College Coordinators.
Agency area to add trainings to the Training Portal.