Apply for a Child Development Permit Stipend
CDTC is currently accepting stipend applications for all permit levels and types indicated below.
The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) Permit Stipend Program pays the permit application fee to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for eligible applicants.
Funding for permit stipends is first come, first served.
Applying for a Child Development Permit Stipend
The CDTC will pay the application fee for the permits indicated below, if the applicant is eligible. The application can be found on the Child Development Permit Stipend page. Applications include a checklist and detailed instructions; please follow the instructions carefully or view the FAQs page for answers to commonly asked questions.
- First Time Permits: All permit levels are eligible for the stipend for first time applicants.
- Fingerprinting fees for this level may also be reimbursed for eligible applicants. Fingerprinting fees cannot be reimbursed if the applicant has had a live scan done for CTC before. Fingerprint reimbursement requests must be accompanied by an eligible permit application.
- Permit Upgrades: All levels are eligible for the stipend for upgrades. Active and expired permits at those levels are eligible.
- Renewals: All levels are eligible for the stipend for renewals. Active and expired permits at those levels are eligible.
- Online Renewals: Teacher, Master Teacher, Site Supervisor and Program Director levels are eligible for the reimbursement for online renewals. Renew online at www.ctc.ca.gov.
- Applicant will need to pay the fees by debit or credit card and use the Online Renewal application to request reimbursement from CDTC for the $100 renewal fee.
- Receipts showing a renewal was paid prior to June 1, 2023 are not eligible.
The following are NOT ELIGIBLE for the stipend: Children's Center Permit renewals, applications mailed directly to the Commission on Teacher credentialing, extensions, and downgrades.
The Child Development Permit Funds Project is available to applicants statewide and is funded by California Department of Social Services, Child Care and Development Division.
General Child Development Permit Information
The Child Development Permit Matrix shows the levels of permits and requirements for each level. More information can be found at the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) website. A School-Age Emphasis authorization can be added to any level of the Child Development Permit.
Participation in the CDTC Child Development Permit Stipend Program is not required to obtain a child development permit. Individuals may apply directly to the CTC. More information can be found at www.ctc.ca.gov. When applying directly to the CTC, ALL fees are the responsibility of the permit applicant.
Printing your Permit on the CTC Website
The CTC does not print and mail permits; credentials, certificates, and permits are only available through an online view and print process. They will be available online to colleges, universities, employers and the document holder within 48 hours of issuance. You must contact the CTC at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your Educator Account or printing your permit.
CDTC accepts applications for all levels. If you have difficulty accessing any material when completing the Child Development Permit Stipend application because of a disability, please contact us via email at:
- CDTC-Permits@yosemite.edu and we will further assist you in this application process. Please include "reasonable accommodation" in the subject line.
Participation is optional. Funding for permit stipends is first come, first served.